We don't rely on guesswork, we rely on actual measurement at each step of the process. Here's what we
1. Each business is different. The first thing we'll do is talk to you about your business:
who are you customers, how do them come to you, how do you work with them, how do you get repeat business from
them, and so on. An overall understanding of your business is essential.
2. We find out what keywords are used by people who are searching for what you offer, using several
very large collections of actual queries. This gives us, as a starting point, the queries that are in most
popular use by real people. This is much better than just guessing, than assuming that because you're in the
business you know what queries people will use.
3. We analyze how visitors are presently coming to your site, the queries that they are using, and how
long they are staying. If we can get access to the log produced by your site that's what we use.
Otherwise, we can make a number of the same measurements (although not all) through the use of Google Analytics and
other tools that we have. This tells us, for example, among the queries that people are using, which ones
bring buyers and which ones bring lookers, so that we can focus on the query terms that bring
4. We tune each page of your site to help get better position in search engine results. This
involves adjusting the meta tags, that visitors generally don't see, as well as the narrative text on each
page. Usually these changes are not noticeable to visitors, but considerably improve your search engine
5. These first three steps are carried out iteratively; that is, we'll make some changes and then come
back and see what impact they have, and decide on further changes, and so on, continuing to improve your site's
6. At the same time, we carry on a link-building campaign, to get other sites to link to your site,
improving Google's assessment of the authoritativeness of your site and, hence, its position in search engine
results. We have to start with links from sites with Google pagerank like yours, and as your site's pagerank
increases, we can seek link exchanges with sites of growing pagerank.
7. A pay-per-click advertising campaign can be started as soon as the effort begins, to start bringing
traffic to the site immediately. We start with a small budget until we have a good understand of which terms
bring business; then the budget can be increased as you desire.
8. Meanwhile, we can help you make use of social networks and local listings as appropriate for your