Why Care About Customer Reviews?
We all know that online reviews are growing in importance. In fact, a growing number of prospective customers now go to review sites to find businesses to deal with instead of using search engines! These people find companies with lots of favorable reviews, then go directly to those companies’ sites, not even using a search search engine! So that work you’ve put into SEO doesn’t help with these customers.
But now there’s more. It’s become apparent that your online reviews affect your position in Google search results! Moz reported this in their recent survey, showing that “review signals” have significant influence on position in search results. Their survey speaks of “Review Signals”, which are:
- Review quantity: having lots of reviews helps, the more the merrier. Brightloccal’s survey tells us that you need 7 to 10 reviews for prospects to begin to trust you. And, since a given prospect may be surfing just one review sites, you want to get 7 to 10 reviews on each important review site.
- Review Velocity: How often are you being reviewed? Once every six months isn’t enough, but too often is bad also; it’s a sign that you are encouraging reviews.
- Review diversity: How many different review sites have reviews for your business?
- Quantity of third-party reviews: How many reviews do you have on sites not owned by Google?
- Authority of Third-Party Sites Where Reviews are Present: Some review sites have more authority with Google than others. Look at the sites, and you’ll come to similar conclusions.
- Product or Service Keywords in Reviews: It’s a good idea to have the key terms about your business in the reviews as long as it’s not overdone.
- Authority of Reviewers: Some review sites give more authority to some reviewers.
The Bottom Line
If you weren’t doing anything about your customer reviews, now you have one more important reason to do so. You can do it manually, by investing a lot of time, or you can use your time to advance your business and hire a service such as Dave’s Certified Reviews.